How to read PDFs from your iPad
This page describes:
- several ways to ways to add PDFs to your iPad,
- how to manage PDFs on your iPad.
1. From the web page of the book:
- Access from your iPad the web page of th book (Defining Moments),
- Click on the link to the PDF
- It takes a moment for the PDF to appear in your browser
- When the PDF is in your browser, touch the top of the screen
- On the top right, touch "Open in iBooks"
- That's it. The PDF is now permanently in your iBooks library.
2. Add a PDF to your iTunes library on your Mac or PC and sync it to your iPad.
3. Drag and drop PDFs in your iTunes library
You can drag multiple PDF files from your desktop and drop them to your iTunes application and they'll get uploaded to your iDevice in one go. You can even choose to selectively sync PDF files between the computer and your iPhone /iPad without having to remove any of them from the iTunes library.
4. Select a PDF from an email message on your iPad and open it in the iBooks app, where it appears on your bookshelf.
How to Manage PDFs with iBooks
In iBooks, you can tap a button to switch between viewing your iBooks titles and PDFs. Tap a PDF to read it and it fills the screen just like an ebook. You can swipe through pages, add bookmarks, or zoom in for a closer look.
iBooks offers a special thumbnail view so you can quickly glance the contents of multiple one pages without any scrolling. Thereís built-in search and you can even bookmark your favorite PDF pages for later reference.
Finally, a unique feature is that iBooks lets you categorize and rate PDFs inside iTunes just like your music collection.
From Mindless To Mindful: Active Pause®
|Active Pause Newsletter|
|Self Coach Tools||Inspiration||Active Pause Blog|